One Accord Constitution
The Constitution of the
One Accord Gospel Choir & Ministries
One Accord Gospel.... is a ministry that focuses on loving in glorifying Jesus Christ Our savior, through our praises and worships. Let the world know that HIS love is available to everyone. Our desire is to be used by the Holy Spirit to minister to the heart of everyone through our acts and conducts and by promoting the Gospel to the top level. As a choir, we also promote unity and lasting friendship. As a result, an atmosphere of belonging is created, cherished and conducive for the edifying of the Body of Christ.
Born to Worship!
We are a group of worshipers, praisers and members of the One Accord Community Choir and Performing Arts Program dedicated to serving the Lord through songs. GOD has given us a ministry and a heart to minister all around the world. He has also blessed us with many gifts and talents and a strong sense of purpose in Him. We are a diverse group of people--coming from different churches, and walks of life, but we are all a part of the One Accord Gospel Ministries family.
Revised edition March 2010
Article I: Organization Name and Purpose
Section I: Name
The name of the Choir shall be “One Accord Gospel Choir & Ministries
Section II: Purpose
One Accord Gospel.... is a ministry that focuses on loving in glorifying Jesus Christ Our savior, through our praises and worships. Let the world know that HIS love is available to everyone. Our desire is to be used by the Holy Spirit to minister to the heart of everyone through our acts and conducts and by promoting the Gospel to the top level. As a choir, we also promote unity and lasting friendship. As a result, an atmosphere of belonging is created, cherished and conducive for the edifying of the Body of Christ
Article II: Choir Offices
Section I: Authority
A. Executive Officers:
1. Choir Director
Section II: Responsibilities of the Executive Board
A. Executive Director:
1. Meet with Ministry Team leaders
2. Review goals and objects and time lines of program
3. To form special offices and appoint positions as deemed necessary.
4. To suggest the dismissal of an officer and/or member who fails to carry out the responsibilities set by the constitution.
5. To represent the choir in public relations.
6. To act as a mediator during internal choir conflicts.
1. To enforce all laws set by the constitution.
2. To preside over meetings.
3. To plan the choir’s agenda and delegate responsibilities to the officers and members.
4. To represent the choir in public relations.
5. To designate committees.
6. To form special offices and appoint positions as deemed necessary. .
C. Vice Coordinator
1. To assume the responsibilities of the coordinator when absent, incapable, or inactive.
2. To accept the responsibilities delegated by the coordinator.
3. To make all necessary reservations.
4. To ensure the necessary equipment is present at the events.
5. To decide appropriate attire for each event.
1. To collect all dues, fines, donations, etc.
2. To keep accurate and updated financial records of the choir’s checking account.
3. To create, maintain, and defend the budget of the organization.
4. To attend all scheduled meetings for treasurers by the Office of Student Accounts.
5. To chair and delegate responsibilities of the Fundraising Committee (when active).
6. To organize all fundraising events.
7. To implement all fundraising activities voted on by the executive board.
1. To correspond between churches.
2. To construct a list of affiliates of the choir.
3. To book all performance requests.
4. To make announcements about all choir engagements and events.
5. To act as a liaison between the President and the choir.
6. To record attendance and lateness at performances.
7. To record the business of all executive board meetings.
8. To read the past minutes at the executive board meetings for approval of the board.
9. To keep an accurate record of the members of the choir.
10. To send necessary messages to all official choir members.
11. To record attendance and lateness to rehearsals.
F. Choir Director
1. Shall select all the songs to be sung by the choir.
2. To teach all music to each section of the choir.
3. To choose musical selections.
4. To approve all hired musicians.
5. To approve if the choir is able to perform.
Article V: Membership
Section I: Qualifications for Membership
Section II: Membership Rights
A. Each member will be allowed one vote during elections.
B. Members shall submit requests and/or complaints to the One Accord Gospel Choir & Ministries, which will be taken up and presented to the executive board by the Secretary.
C. Members have the right to impeach on officer by a 2/3 vote of choir providing there is a cause for such an action.
D. Members may be permitted to attend executive board meetings, upon submitting a request and receiving approval.
E. Non-CHRISTIANS cannot be members of the One Accord Gospel Ministries Leadership team
Article VI: Attendance
Section I: General Rules
A. Members must attend all rehearsal and performances unless specified by an officer. In order for a member to remain in the choir, he/she must attend more than one-half of all the performances in a semester.
B. Members are expected to be on time to rehearsals and performances.
C. All members must attend the practice before a performance in order to sing with the choir on the day of the performance. There are no exceptions. The purpose of this policy is to ensure that the choir is fully prepared for all performances and presented in the best possible light.
D. Members are expected to be on time to practice. If for whatever reason, you will be absent or tardy, please notify the secretary. Being late to practice does not reflect your consideration for other members, officers, and the director’s commitment to the mission of this choir.
E. Being more than 45 minutes late to practice equates an absence and therefore you will not be able to perform if it is the last practice before that next scheduled performance.
F. Designated dress rehearsals and sound checks are critical to our preparation before upcoming performances; failure to notify the secretary of why you are not able to attend will result in your exclusion from participating in that performance.
Section II: Practice and Performance Attendance
Members are expected to call the Secretary, prior to practice, if they cannot attend practices, performances, and/or meetings of the executive board, if section leaders are not active.
Section III: Unexcused Absences
Three or more unexcused absences from practices/performances will require a specified member to meet with the executive board. Appropriate action will be taken, which may include dismissal from the choir. Valid reasons for absences shall be: academic workload, illness, personal injury, or out-of-town. The executive board and Director shall exercise discretion when the need arises.
Article VIII: By-laws
Section I: Expectations
Members are expected to comply with decisions made by the executive board.
Section II: Practice and Performance
A. Members are expected to conduct themselves in an orderly manner. Failure to comply may result in dismissal. ALL CELLPHONES and BEEPERS OFF or on vibrate during practice
B. Members shall reflect a positive attitude during rehearsals and performances.
C. Members are responsible for knowing all material taught during rehearsals and workshop sessions and maintaining their own music.
D. There will be no gum chewing during rehearsals or performances. Please do not allow eating to inhibit your ability to effectively learn material.